Thursday, October 25, 2012

This'll be brief...

I was reminded (and now realize that I am at an age that there is very little time that I am not reminded of something or someone) of a thought I once had, for the first time many years ago.  The thought has, I have found out, been staged in various ways in different movies, cartoons and TV.  What is it?

Well, I suppose it is simply the idea of a funeral held for a person that was not actually dead.  (okay, now you can search your own memory for ... what movie?)  This time it would be a funeral for you.  Would you be prepared? Do you know if you have left a burden, emotional or financial for those that are left behind?

Do you have contact information readily available and a plan to find all of the people that you'd want to come and commiserate/grieve/rejoice at your death/funeral? 

It would really suck if the final party you ever plan, you just forgot to invite the people in your life that mean the most to you.  Remember that it is not just for you, it is for the people that do not even know each other.  For them to be able to see that, in the world, we (they) are in some way connected to so many (through you).  And strangely enough, I believe that, "That is how we live on . . . in others." Nobody knows no one.

. . . I'm just sayin'


P.S. Don't you go trying it, unless it is known to be tongue-in-cheek, as you really may not want to see, hear or find out what happens.

{NOTE to SELF: Halloween Party some time in the future that has as a premise an invitation to your  funeral/memorial service.}

2 comments:

  1. I really like this and want to repost -- what a good idea. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete