Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My Eyes Grow Heavy

I seem in a good mood, class has a lot of work ahead tomorrow, I think it can be done, I know that I will make the effort.
There are friends that I have heard from lately that I truly love to be around. It is not a matter of one thing or another, it is just that I am myself and hapily so when in their presence.  [So what you're saying is that you are NOT yourself for most of the rest of us?]  Nope.  That is not exactly what I meant...
I suspect that I mean to say that I do not feel as inhibited, as reserved, and likely to be more direct when I am with them.  With others, many and certain aspects of what I will call "my better self" are emergent, and will show up when needed, but I am more likely to be reserved in word and action.

To hold a hand, give a hug, some praise, a bit of warmth and not be judged for "what it means" or what an ulterior motive might be... that is great.  It is something to strive for.

Make a person smile, tell them some good news, tell them how much you appreciate them, completely out of the blue.

Project your heart, and be kind.

All of the above is what has made me the slightest bit happier than weeks past.


I am just a little tired.  Time to get some rest.

2 comments:

  1. It makes such a big difference to spend time in company where you feel appreciated. Drink it, as a plant drinks in nourishment from the sun and turns towards the rays for more. :)

    ReplyDelete