Thursday, August 23, 2012

Why procrastinate?

There is so much that I should do:

1. - Get organized is number one, as it would affect the 2 through 100 other things ...
2. - Find time (related to #1) to:
3. - Read more, both assigned work and for fun.
4. - Sleep more, and I do not have to list what all that affects.
5. - Start and finish more of the MANY home projects I have waiting for me.

[To get off track for a second, I have to say that I am in denial; perhaps it is because I will be ending my present vocation, and for those of you that know me, you have a little idea of what that is, sooner than later.  That being said, I am not sure whether I am looking forward to the next and "unknown" step (the uncertainty) of what happens when this job ends?  Back to school, more full time than the present part-time, after work hours, one class at a time, that I am doing now... The time I will have (minus the money) to be able to do the many things I want to do around the house. And/or will a few part-time jobs fill in the non-school time? ]

6. - Find my passion: To work and love working to help others as best as I can. School may play a large part in this.
7. - See my friends on as regular a basis as they will let me. [Note: Do not force it, just find the time.]
8. - Rediscover hobbies that I have missed for years, or let them go.
9. - Exercise, because I feel good, not because I am told to be there. [I have always given more than expected of me, sometimes to my own detriment.]
10. - Eat well, good food is good for the soul.
11. - Write letters, stories, poems and dreams when they occurr to me, don't wait, and remember only the (vague) idea.
12. - See if the kooky ideas and inventions I think up could actually come to anything.
13. - Continue to find a place to volunteer my time, blood, sweat and the occasional tear(s).
14. - Tell my family that I love them, more often than I do now. I am pretty sure that they know, but it makes me feel good too.
15. - Take a vacation, plan to go somewhere, as I am a serious bi-polar procrastinator/workaholic, and I know I must take that time to relax and enjoy myself.
16. - Meditate. Pray, Dance and or Sing when needed.  Apply generously, as needed.

I'll stop there, for now.  I am sure I will continue, or could continue in endless detail...

Love,

Me

P.S. You are doing (nearly) the best you can, and with a little self discipline/esteem, you will do better than ever before.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great list! Wanna do an anti-procrastination task with me? Starting in September, going for 2 months until the end of October, I am picking 3 things I would like to accomplish daily. I haven't chosen my 3 things yet, but I'm narrowing it down. :)

    ReplyDelete