How can I remain composed, day after day, questions come, answers do not. At least answers are not obviously being answered to my satisfaction. I think that it is a matter of just finding the right (magical) question to ask. Right?
A time machine or way of peering into the future, or into a 'possible' future might set my mind at ease. Not gonna happen. Perhaps to look to others that have done 'exactly' what I have done and survived... Nope, not an easy find. I try to interpolate answers gleaned from examples of, "There was this guy... he did such and such..." and the example I hold up to my present experiences and situation and ...
It is like comparing fingerprints. Sure there are loops and whorls and vague similarity, but being different, as I look closely are very un-alike.
I do not loose my temper, and perhaps I should (a little), but it does not seem to me that it would help with anything. Anger is a frustrating distraction that I really don't need, and is rooted in shame. A feeling that I have done something wrong. I start to think, "How can I make up for it?", "How can I fix it" and then I think perhaps I AM more resilient than I thought (think of myself). Wherever I may fall, and I expect to, considering the complexity of my future endeavors (plans) where a lot of stuff has to fit for it 'all' to work, I ask, "How do I do it?" "How do I keep it together if the plan fails, if part of the elaborate plan fails?" Having been through so much and surviving many many Many other failures (whether I succeed later or not) I know that if I survived all that, there is a pretty good likelihood I'll survive this.
Stiff, sore and tired, I typed the above, and postponed sleep, yet I am resigned that I am . . . no. I am resolute that I am worthy of good that comes my way, and I'll be sure to take the credit if I succeed.
Perhaps this will be a testament to the crazy amount of will it will require to get through all that is before me.
M.O.
This part made me happy: "I am resolute that I am worthy of good that comes my way, and I'll be sure to take the credit if I succeed."
ReplyDeleteYou WILL succeed. Even if you don't succeed. Seriously. You will always be a success, because of who you are, how generous of heart you are to your friends & family, and how much you're learning along the way. :)
If you ever find that crystal ball, please share? I want to know the future too. Drives me nuts!